The Institute for Youth Development provides quality training for all adults who work with children and youth in Out of School Time (OST) programs. These adults are also called youth development practitioners. Youth development practitioners deepen their understanding of positive youth development, engage in best practices, and improve services to youth.
Training is available for every level from front-line staff to program managers to executive directors. Download the training descriptions here.
Request a training here!
Contact: We encourage all to Learn24! Email us for more information.
Upcoming Virtual Workshops from the Institute for Youth Development
The Institute for Youth Development is offering virtual workshops for youth development professionals to use an asset-based approach when interacting with youth. These interactive workshops are foundational for any individual working with youth. Attendees will learn various concepts that promote a positive environment for youth.
- February 27th - 10:00 a.m. - Tutoring Best Practices and Multiple Intelligences
- February 29th - 10:00 a.m. - Ask, Listen, Encourage
- March 5th - 10:00 a.m. - Accessibility & Inclusion for Youth with Physical Disabilities
- March 11th - 10:00 a.m. - Interactive Learning Tools
- March 18th - 2:00 p.m. - Five Domains of Belonging
- March 29th - 12:00 p.m. - Inclusive Play in Your Workplace
Register to attend one of these workshops today! Space is limited.
View additional professional development opportunities here.
Community of Practice resources:
- Behavioral Health Resources for Youth
- Crisis Response and Intervention/Suicide Prevention Practice Group
- Teacher Wellness Workgroup
- CHHCS website