The Institute for Youth Development provides quality training for all adults who work with children and youth in Out of School Time (OST) programs. These adults are also called youth development practitioners. Youth development practitioners deepen their understanding of positive youth development, engage in best practices, and improve services to youth.
Training is available for every level from front-line staff to program managers to executive directors. Download the training descriptions here.
Request a training here!
Contact: We encourage all to Learn24! Email us for more information.
Upcoming Virtual Workshops from the Institute for Youth Development
The Institute for Youth Development is offering virtual workshops for youth development professionals to use an asset-based approach when interacting with youth. These interactive workshops are foundational for any individual working with youth. Attendees will learn various concepts that promote a positive environment for youth.
- November 10, 1:00 pm: Reframing Conflict
- November 14, 10:00 am: Foundations and Self-Awareness of Cognitive Development
- November 16, 12:00 pm: Building Community
- November 17, 10:00 am: Introduction to Youth Development
- December 5, 10:00 am: Services, Opportunities, Supports
- December 6, 10:00 am: Accessibility & Inclusion for Youth with Physical Disabilities
- December 6, 1:00 pm: Introduction to the Active Participatory Approach (In-Person)
- December 7, 11:00 am: Tools for Effective Communication (In-Person)
- December 8, 10:00 am: Accessibility & Inclusion for Youth with Intellectual Disabilities
Register to attend one of these workshops today! Space is limited.